Design by


Phone Number 858-694-0198


8690 Aero Drive Suite 116

San Diego, CA 92123 USA


Christopher Sluka



Information for International Students

Learn To Fly San Diego is an FAA Certified flight school operating under Part 61 of the FAA code of federal regulations. We are not a 141 school nor are we approved by SEVIS to issue immigration documents. If you need immigration documents you will need to attend a 141 school that is also approved by SEVIS.

Currently we can only train international students who are already in the USA with a valid visa or Green Card and after receiving TSA approval for Private, Instrument, or Multi-Engine flight training. TSA approval is not required for Commercial or CFI training.

Our instructors are registered with the TSA as providers for training of international students.

If you are legally in the USA with a valid visa we can assist you in changing providers to one of our instructors.

The TSA charges a $130 fee for this process.


Go to:


Visitors to the USA who already have a Pilot Certificate can rent aircraft for time-building, check-outs, flight reviews, currency, and sight-seeing. Some visitors might be allowed to take less than 18 hours per week of study without obtaining a Student Visa. For more information go to:  If you wish to study more than 18 hours per week, or for longer than the duration of a Visitor Visa, then you will need to obtain a Student Visa and attend a Part 141 School that already participates in the SEVIS program. We strongly suggest you contact the US Embassy or consulate in your country to get further information and seek an immigration attorney for immigration advice.


We can not issue I-20 forms.

We can not assist in obtaining a visa.

We can not assist in making extensions to a current visa.

We can not assist or advise in any way with regard to immigration law.

International students are solely responsible for having the proper visa/legal status in the USA.